Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Discoveries of 2012

You know how people do favorite moments, pictures, trips, etc of the year at the start of a new year? Well I wanted to do something like that because I have a few things that I LOVE and I want to share those finds with any one who reads my blog. I also had a blogs recommendation thing after these, but I decided to take it off because first of all I don't know if people are funny about their blogs being shared, and second of all because some of my favorite blogs are people who don't know me haha. So I didn't want to seem like some weird stalker.. even though I am I guess.

Also when I say "products," they aren't actually all products so... just go with it :)

Products:

It's a 10
I love leave-in conditioner and this stuff does it all.. it lists like 10 things on the back that it does, but I just love that it detangles and makes my hair way more manageable. Even though it's a spray bottle, it's creamy, like lotion, inside, so it's not just liquid.. for some reason that matters to me. I bought some for just $15 at the hair products store at the mall, and I think I am going to be hooked!

Product Image



Estee Lauder
My mom got me some of this face lotion and it is seriously the best! I actually had always gotten face lotions from the grocery store, and they were always either too oily, not thick enough, or did absolutely nothing, so this changed my life. It smells amazing, feels like satin rubbing it on your face, and it really works!


Richard Paul Evans books
I like to throw in book recommendations whenever possible, and I think I already talked about this author in another post, but I have read even more of his books and am obsessed. He lives in Salt Lake City and has written a ton of books. They are mostly feel-good books, with a bunch of Christmas ones which were fun to read for the holidays. Anyway, he's a great author.. try reading one of his books!
 


Bare Minerals
Probably everyone already knows about Bare Minerals and how great their makeup is, but just in case you've never tried it, this is for you. This powder is amazing, it is good for your skin, doesn't look too heavy (unless used excessively), and covers really well! I have been using it for years and have never wanted to try something different. I also use their eye shadows, bronzer, and blush. They are all awesome.
 


Volume Mousse
I have the flattest hair in the world. Although this doesn't exactly work miracles, it is the best drugstore product I have found for increasing volume. 


Pandora 
I know you're probably thinking "Pandora is so old news" but for me it got revived again these past couple months because I discovered two things: classical piano stations and broadway musical stations. The piano station totally got me through finals, and I have been obsessed with Les Miserables songs since I saw the movie, so the broadway channel lets me listen to all those songs plus Phantom of the Opera and whatever else! It's great!
 


Avocados
I actually discovered the beauty of avocados about 2 years ago through Preston and his family. They continue to amaze me though. Avocados make almost any dish 20 times better. They are also good for you so that is a huge plus! I can't believe I never really ate avocado all growing up.. I hope my kids appreciate how good they are.


Molly's
This is a restaurant in Provo. It was actually a catering company, but their food is so amazing, I guess they decided to open a restaurant. It's mostly open for lunches and it's cafeteria style. It is like homemade cooking on steroids.. that actually sounds awful.. but you know what I mean. Professional homemade cooking... anyway just try it!


Soel Boutique
This is a shop at the Riverwoods in Provo. It has the cutest clothes and the cutest baby things (although the baby things are pretty pricey). According to me there aren't that many great places to shop in Provo anymore, so this place is a lifesaver!


Nike for Kinect 
 We got an Xbox for Christmas this year with a Kinect. I am not really in to video games at all, but we got this Nike training game that does exercising programs tailored to you, and it can see everything you do so it is perfect. I am really not that good at explaining this, so if you want a great workout-at-home program and you have Xbox, then check this out. Preston and I are doing every other day at the gym and then on the off days we do the Nike training. It is kicking our butts!




No comments:

Post a Comment