Thursday, January 10, 2013

Catching up


It's definitely time to start blogging again. I've taken like a 4 month break and I think it's because I got stressed with school... and because I think blogging is a lot like exercising- if you do it every day then it's not that bad, but when you go a whole month without exercising then it is quite a challenge to get back into it. I have been slacking on both, and I am back to going to the gym and now it's time to start blogging again because just like exercising, I really enjoy it when I actually do it.

I'm not going to try to fill in all the gaps of the past couple months, but let's just say that they were fun and exciting (and stressful until finals were over). But on Monday I'm back to school with a fresh slate and it also happens to be my last slate!!! I am graduating after this semester!!!! I am pretty happy to be done with school for two main reasons: 1. walking up to campus everyday (especially when it's below freezing outside) and 2. Homework. I hate both. But I am going to miss my classes. I love being in class and learning, and I love my teachers and all the people in the advertising program and all the great people I've met at BYU throughout the last couple years. It will be very different to not spend all of my time here anymore.

Some big things that have happened since I last posted are:

Halloween- ok maybe it wasn't that big of a thing since Preston and I were party poopers this year, but we did go to an amazing murder mystery party put on by my friends Shayla and Nicole

 




My birthday- Turned 22 this year, and Taylor Swift celebrated by writing me a song which I love. :)

California for Thanksgiving- I was sooo thankful to get out of the cold for a few days and celebrate Thanksgiving with my in-laws. The trip included Disneyland, Manhattan Beach, Newport Beach, Fashion Island, playing at the park in the sun, a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, and being surrounded by great people. I would go back there in a heartbeat if I could.

Took some family pictures at a park

Waiting in line for Thunder Mountain

Disneyland castle

Boys playing football on the beach
Nieces at the beach

Finals- not a good week for me

CHRISTMAS BREAK!- A long, beautiful break from school that was much needed. We were just in Provo and Heber for the break, so nothing exotic, but sometimes it just feels so good to be able to relax and stay inside where it's warm. I'm already missing the Christmas season so much... it didn't help that ours ended abruptly the day after Christmas when Preston threw out the Christmas tree because it had been dead for two weeks. We were so excited to have a real Christmas tree this year, but just like every other real plant we've had in our apartment, we couldn't keep it alive. :( 

Our beautiful, REAL, little Christmas tree

Also we had our anniversary on December 28th! It's been a whole 2 years since we got married. I still love everything about Preston and am always amazed at how lucky I am! No matter what happens I always know he'll be there for me and keep me smiling!

December 28, 2010
Preston took me to The Roof for our anniversary dinner. It was perfect: a delicious buffet, live piano music, and overlooking the temple we were married in 2 years ago!

Once again, I know this is all over the place, but I'll try to keep up now :)

1 comment:

  1. Lane I just love when you blog! Please do it more?? Looks like you two haave been having a fun and busy past couple months!! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete