Thursday, October 4, 2012

The past month or so

It's been a while since I've blogged so I thought I would do a little update/what's been going on with us blog post. Nothing too exciting, in fact, it probably won't be exciting at all haha we've just been really busy since school started back up!

We got home from Sun Valley and went back to school like the next week. I am currently taking a full schedule at school in the advertising program (only 1.5 more semesters!!), working on campus doing billing work, and working at the Old Towne Grill. It's been a bit crazy, I mostly work during the day and then have night classes, but sometimes I have class during the day and it's a whole lot of running around between jobs and classes. Also I got called to be the relief society secretary this last summer so that's been keeping me busy too.

I feel like this is turning into a "poor me I'm so busy blog entry" which isn't what I meant to do, so enough about that. I'm really not as busy as I sound, I think everything works out just fine if you don't do homework haha ...which leads me to my next thought.. I have been watching Anne of Green Gables (like the 6 discs that are 2 hours long each) these past two weeks and if you haven't watched them in a while you are missing out! I love that movie/girl with all my might! I even find myself talking like her and like Marilla... Preston doesn't like it when I do that :)

About Preston, he has been working hard on his school work and been doing lots of networking to get an internship this summer. He's been going out to New York and meeting with banks and that's been going really well for him. He's actually going to New York again this next week to meet with people. He's a real hard worker. I don't think I could ever be as dedicated to studying as he is.

He still makes time to do fun things with me though. This last week he took me up to Park City to stay at a nice hotel and go to dinner and shop. It was so beautiful up there with all the leaves changing color, and it was a really fun getaway.

I know this blog post is a little bit all over the place, but I wanted to say that I have been making dinners for almost two weeks in a row!! This is a HUGE accomplishment for me because I don't think I've ever made dinner this often! Sometimes you just get fed up with eating frozen lasagnas, frozen pizzas, frozen everythings and decide that you are going to put to use those 500 recipes you've pinned on Pinterest and that's what I've done and it feels so good! I'm also going to throw in here that I went to the farmer's market that they are having on Wednesdays on Center street last night and got a whole box of wonderful produce. It was the highlight of my week!!

What else has been going on.... well I missed my birth control pill two days in a row and got my hormones all messed up. I was a complete bear for about two weeks, bless little Preston's soul for putting up with me ;) I think I'm doing ok now, although I don't handle stress very well ever. Also we have Scobee family pictures this Saturday and I'll have to post those on here when we get them back, hopefully they turn out well!

Here's a few phone pictures of my life lately:

Hiked Bridal Veil Falls

Made made this cute silly putty word in church for me

Ruby River steaks!

This piece of glass was in my foot for about 3 weeks!! I finally saw a corner of it glisten in the light and pulled it out of my foot! Guess that's what I get for working at a bar.. not really but kinda

Laid grass in my parents yard all Saturday! We were pretty proud of it!
 
The group of sweaty workers getting lunch after laying grass
Not a great picture, but the trees are amazing in the canyon!

A salad and Anne of Green Gables every night while Prest studies, it's a gooood life!


No comments:

Post a Comment