Thursday, October 4, 2012

Engagement Anniversary

Yesterday was our anniversary of getting engaged! 2 Years ago my wonderful, beautiful husband proposed to me and made me the luckiest girl in the world. He surprised me by having my friend, Lauren, call and invite us up to dinner at the Zermatt in Midway. I was so excited, especially because she said to dress up and I love dressing up a little bit! haha So we get up there and he keeps driving past the Zermatt and of course I'm like "Turn there! Turn there!" having a fit that he's driving past it. He gave me a little letter to read  that was very romantic and I knew right then and there that this was the night! (I kind of already guessed that ahead of time though.. I just knew somehow)

He kept driving up into the hills above Midway to a clearing that had a beautiful view of the Heber/Midway valley. He always knows what I love! Once we were there he opened up the back of the car and had a nice picnic basket with food and chocolate covered strawberries (courtesy of his mom and sister) and he also had... A Ring!!!! It was the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen and he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him and I said yes! After that we went to my house and to Lauren's house to announce our engagement. My mom has some pictures from the night but I never got them from her so here are a few from Lauren's house:




It was an amazing night, and I just remember feeling so completely happy that I was marrying this man. He has been the perfect husband and I don't know what I would do without him. Thanks for everything honey and thanks for planning the perfect proposal for me!


Still absolutely love my ring! (ignore my yucky winter hands!)




No comments:

Post a Comment