Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Independence Day

Oh my goodness, I really have been in the middle of posting about this for like two weeks now. I can't not write about our wonderful 4th of July, which is our favorite holiday besides Christmas. (but christmas doesn't really count because I think that's everyone's favorite)

My husband is a real patriot and loves 4th of July in Provo, so he came up from Arizona to spend the week celebrating. We did a lot of fun activities with his family during the week and Preston was able to golf every day. I really wish I had taken more pictures of things we did, but at least I have some.

The night before July 4th we got our scooter and went and drove around University Avenue so we could be a part of the fun without spending the night on the sidewalk. It was so fun, people are so festive around here and make it a fun town to be in on the fourth.

The next morning we woke up early and went and ran the Freedom Run 5k, and then went up to Sundance with Preston's family for breakfast.It was so gorgeous up there, just thinking about it makes me want to go drive up there again!





After breakfast we came back home and Preston and I went over to the little carnival in downtown Provo. I had wanted to look at the booths there, but I ended up waiting for my food from a little taco stand for the majority of the time we were there. The other part was spent walking up and down the food stands deciding what we wanted.

From there we went back up the Provo canyon to go on the zip line! I had heard that there was a zip line up there, but hadn't heard of anyone who had gone on it. Preston's dad thought it would be a fun activity for the 4th, so we all went up and turned out to be really cool! There were five different zip lines I think and you just go from one to the other and they're actually pretty fast!

The whole crew


Prest swinging through the trees

So happy



We came back from ziplining and had a BBQ at the house and then Preston and I went off on our scooter to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks. We ended up in the football stadium parking lot. We had a good view of the fireworks- we just laid right on the ground and watched the fireworks above us!


He is one good looking guy :)





Happy 4th of July!!! 
(now that its almost August)

4 comments:

  1. The fourth is one of my favorite holidays, too! We may have seen you on the zip line...we floated the Provo river and saw people going by. Looked so fun. You're beautiful by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh yeah, we saw people in the river! haha that would be funny if it was you guys. by the way please rethink moving away!! I saw your door open yesterday and your apartment was all empty, it was so sad!! and ps you're gorgeous and I love when you post pictures of your belly on your blog :)

      Delete
  2. sounds fun! that's so fun that you got a scooter! We love ours but it hasn't been working for like a month now. We sat in traffic for about an hour driving home 9 blocks from watching those fireworks and were so sad watching all the scooters zip by us in the emergency lane! (which is what we did last year)we miss our scooter :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just ask preston, I about kill him every year when he zips through traffic on that scooter after stadium of fire gets out! it is the scariest thing in the world for me!!

      Delete